IDM focuses on Communicating with Customers for research conference
Released 15 September 2003: The IDM today released details of its 2003 IDM Research Conference. Entitled 'Communicating with Customers' the event brings together some of the UK's leading practitioners and academics to share their unique insights and latest research findings on 15 October in London.
The event's roll call of world-class speakers includes representatives from IBM, Cranfield School of Management, Hewson Consulting, and the University of Bath.
Professor Merlin Stone of Bristol Business School who is presenting the paper 'The new Marketing or Old lamps for new? Has marketing really changed?' at the conference says, "Many of the mistakes made in CRM were due to uncritical acceptances by business people of ideas and theories of quasi-academics and gurus. Marketers should attend this conference to hear some critical evaluation of new approaches as well as to see what happens when you apply measurement disciplines to the approaches that were advocated".
The event offers attendees the opportunity to gain new insights into current issues, meet potential research partners, influence the agenda for future academic research projects as well as putting their questions to the experts.
The event is free to attend as part of the IDM Education Programme, aimed at supporting the teaching and research of direct marketing within UK universities and colleges. Commercial delegates may attend for sound business reasons, but you will need to be supporting IDM educational initiatives while doing so.
The 2003 IDM Research Conference takes place between 09:30 and 17:00 at IBM Southbank Offices in London SE1 9PZ on 15 October 2003. To book contact Kate Wilkinson on 020 8614 0272 or e-mail email@example.com.
Notes to Editors
For more information contact Ruth Stone on 020 8614 0216 (direct line), 07788 417 109 (mobile) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If any of the speakers / topics below are of interest for feature or news purposes please call Ruth as above.
The IDM Research Conference 2003: Speakers & Topics
- Nigel Howlett (OgilvyOne) & Kevin Bishop (IBM) - Marketing transformation - clients demand change; a call to action to help industry develop effective measurement tools.
- Moira Clark (Cranfield School of Management) - Are you really a customer centric organisation? Time for honest introspection.
- Janet Winston (Birmingham Midshires & Southampton University) - CRM in the Financial Services Industry - How are the financial benefits being realised and is the business case being justified
- Wendy Hewson (Hewson Consulting) & Chris Russell (eDigital Research) - Profit or Pain from your online customer experience. How to improve the end-to-end customer experience of Internet and sites and services.
- Merlin Stone (Bristol Business School, IBM) - The new Marketing or Old lamps for new? Has marketing really changed?
- Nick Kinnie (University of Bath) - What are the HR issues associated with different types of call centres? How do the pressures that they are operating under effect businesses? Who is successfully managing this?