IDM Student Marketing Competition 2016
Set up your student agency, get stuck into a live marketing brief and pitch your ideas to a real-life client. You’ll get priceless hands-on campaign experience, the chance to win some exclusive prizes and the opportunity to meet some of marketing’s top VIPs.
What you'll get:
- Priceless, real-life campaign experience
- A taste of what it's like to create a marketing brief for a top brand/client
- A great boost for your CV - the competition is widely recognised and will give you the edge over other graduate candidates
And if you're lucky enough to be a competition finalist you will get...
- The chance to pitch your campaign directly to Virgin Money Giving
- An opportunity to impress - you'll be networking with industry VIPs who could have internships and jobs to offer
What you could win:
- Work experience with the Virgin Money Marketing team and with one of Virgin Money's agencies
- An invitation to a very exclusive dinner with senior executives from Virgin Money
- A £1500 cash prize team cash prize
Here's how it works:
Enter the IDM Student Marketing Competition 2016 and tackle a marketing brief for Virgin Money Giving. Work in teams of 3 to 6 under the supervision of your lecturer.
Written submissions will be judged by a panel of marketing professionals, including your client Virgin Money Giving. The three highest-scoring finalists get the chance to present their ideas in a live central London pitch and are then invited to join a gala reception at a prestigious London location with some of the best marketers in the business. Winners are announced on the night and all finalists are given the opportunity to network with some of the industry's top professionals.
About the IDM Student Competition:
This well-established competition provides great experience for students to work on a challenging and real-life assignment. The brief invites solutions that cover all aspects of direct, data and digital marketing and there's a real chance that if the client likes what is presented to them, they'll use it in a live campaign. It is also used by lecturers as a valuable teaching aid on marketing and business courses. Previous competition sponsors include T-Mobile, Guinness, Toyota, Nestle, Student Beans and BMW.
When? Launch date 24 September 2015
Entry deadline: midday, Friday 6 May 2016