This highly practical copywriting masterclass reveals the secrets of really engaging copy that sells – whatever the medium. Packed with great ideas, valuable tips and hard-won wisdom, this course will explain exactly how to get your customers to read and respond to your copy.
|Start date||Location||Member||Non-member||Places left||Book|
|The IDM, Teddington
|The IDM, Teddington
|The IDM, Teddington
During this course you will learn to:
- Understand the science behind how people read copy and how to use this to your advantage
- Define and articulate the real value in a sales proposition
- Use emotional drivers that are more compelling and persuasive than intellectual and rational reasoning
- Structure, write and adapt your copy to suit all of the primary marketing media and applications
- Ensure that design, graphics, images and typography work with your copy and not against it
Who should attend:
This course is designed for you if you are required to write effective, focused copy to communicate, inform and sell products or services.
Previous delegates include:
- Marketing Manager (Gladstone)
- Direct Marketing Executive (Concern Worldwide)
- Copywriter (Ice Blue Marketing and Design)
- Marketing Assistant (Pitney Bowes International)
The science behind how people read and react to your copy
- Why 90% of your direct marketing output hits the bin within 5 seconds
- How to use eye-track management and fixing points to boost results
- Using universal interests to gain reader attention
- Applying emotional drivers to motivate more people to respond and buy
- How to define and articulate the real value in a proposition
- Practical exercise: Developing customer-centric value propositions
The power of persuasion and the importance of structure
- Understanding the reasoning techniques that work best in direct marketing
- How best to organise your key messages and structure your propositions
- The proven formula that adds up to a sale
- The “killer questions” every prospect asks before they buy
- The top 10 headline approaches that seize attention and get results
Copywriting best practice: practical tips and advice
- How to achieve personalisation with very little customer knowledge
- The importance of adopting the right tone and language
- Long copy or short copy: what works best, when and why?
- Perfect grammar and punctuation: friend or foe?
- Using “Power” words and avoiding “Spoiler” words
- Valuable tips that boost response and results
- Recipes for disaster and how to avoid them all
How to adapt your copy to work in every key channel and application
- Writing for sales letters, direct marketing and emails
- How to create subject lines that get more of your emails opened and read
- Brochures and flyers: creating the right narrative flow for the way people actually read
- How to combine your copy with graphics and images to boost results
- Understanding the power of sub-heads, captions and screamers
- Websites and landing pages: the vital difference between online and offline copy
- How to plan and write copy that works on the web
- Templates for reviewing and critiquing your own and other people’s copy
- Practical session: your own copy expertly reviewed with practical advice for improvement
Paul Chuter F IDM, Proprietor, Lindum Associates
Paul is one of the UK’s leading sales and marketing communications practitioners. Since 1991, he has provided consultancy, writing and training services to major international business enterprises, leading not-for-profit organisations, government agencies, professional bodies and academic institutions.
Paul’s clients, past and present, include: Battersea Cats & Dogs Home, Ericsson, Hitachi Data Systems, Institute of Direct & Digital Marketing (IDM), Institute of Directors (IoD), Institute of Fundraising (IoF), Logicalis, Intel McAfee, Medical Protection Society, Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Autistic Society, RNIB, Rocket Fuel Inc., The Salvation Army, Security Industry Authority (SIA), Scope, TradeDoubler, Emmanuel College Cambridge, University of Leicester, University of Loughborough and Warner Bros.
Paul has trained staff from more than 100 UK charity and not-for-profit organisations in effective copywriting for fundraising techniques. His training combines attitudinal approaches, practical techniques and best-practice methodologies that can be applied immediately in the workplace to achieve impressive results.
Paul also advises UK and international advertising agencies on new pitch and client campaign strategy, and is a regular contributor to industry journals and blogs.
"I arrived knowing very little, if anything about copywriting. I can now leave with a much clearer understanding of copywriting thanks to Paul."
Rachel Allen, Marketing Assistant, International Craft and Hobby Fair Ltd
"This is a very useful course for any marketer. I am leaving feeling more confident and knowledgeable with lots of practical tips I can apply to my work."
Claire Sankey, Marketing Executive, Unite Students
"Paul was a fantastic teacher. I have learnt so much today I'm thrilled with the new knowledge I am leaving with. Thank you IDM! I would highly recommend this course."
Danielle Matty, Retail Marketing Executive, HTC .