This highly practical copywriting masterclass reveals the secrets of really engaging copy that sells – whatever the medium. Packed with great ideas, valuable tips and hard-won wisdom, this course will explain exactly how to get your customers to read and respond to your copy.
|Start date||Location||Member||Non-member||Places left||Book|
|05 Jun 2014||Teddington (TW11 0AR)||£525||£575||10 +||book|
* All prices exclude VAT
During this course you will learn to:
- Understand the science behind how people read copy and how to use this to your advantage
- Define and articulate the real value in a sales proposition
- Use emotional drivers that are more compelling and persuasive than intellectual and rational reasoning
- Structure, write and adapt your copy to suit all of the primary marketing media and applications
- Ensure that design, graphics, images and typography work with your copy and not against it
Who should attend:
This course is designed for you if you are required to write effective, focused copy to communicate, inform and sell products or services.
Previous delegates include:
- Marketing Manager (Gladstone)
- Direct Marketing Executive (Concern Worldwide)
- Copywriter (Ice Blue Marketing and Design)
- Marketing Assistant (Pitney Bowes International)
The science behind how people read and react to your copy
- Why 90% of your direct marketing output hits the bin within 5 seconds
- How to use eye-track management and fixing points to boost results
- Using universal interests to gain reader attention
- Applying emotional drivers to motivate more people to respond and buy
- How to define and articulate the real value in a proposition
- Practical exercise: Developing customer-centric value propositions
The power of persuasion and the importance of structure
- Understanding the reasoning techniques that work best in direct marketing
- How best to organise your key messages and structure your propositions
- The proven formula that adds up to a sale
- The “killer questions” every prospect asks before they buy
- The top 10 headline approaches that seize attention and get results
Copywriting best practice: practical tips and advice
- How to achieve personalisation with very little customer knowledge
- The importance of adopting the right tone and language
- Long copy or short copy: what works best, when and why?
- Perfect grammar and punctuation: friend or foe?
- Using “Power” words and avoiding “Spoiler” words
- Valuable tips that boost response and results
- Recipes for disaster and how to avoid them all
How to adapt your copy to work in every key channel and application
- Writing for sales letters, direct marketing and emails
- How to create subject lines that get more of your emails opened and read
- Brochures and flyers: creating the right narrative flow for the way people actually read
- How to combine your copy with graphics and images to boost results
- Understanding the power of sub-heads, captions and screamers
- Websites and landing pages: the vital difference between online and offline copy
- How to plan and write copy that works on the web
- Templates for reviewing and critiquing your own and other people’s copy
- Practical session: your own copy expertly reviewed with practical advice for improvement
Paul Chuter F IDM is one of the UK’s leading sales communications practitioners. Since 1991, Paul has provided communications advice and copywriting to leading international business enterprises, not-for-profit organisations, government agencies, professional bodies and academic institutions.
Clients past and present include Ericsson, Hitachi Data Systems, the IDM, Institute of Directors (IoD), Institute of Fundraising (IoF), Juniper Networks, Logicalis, Rocket Fuel Inc., Security Industry Authority (SIA), TradeDoubler, University of Leicester, University of Loughborough and Warner Bros.
Paul also advises UK and international advertising agencies on new pitch and client campaign strategy, and is a regular contributor to industry journals and blogs. He is a highly experienced speaker who delivers training that is extremely practical, applied and proven to be effective in the “real world”.
"Outstanding tutor - I can now write and justify our literature. I had never understood how much science goes into copywriting."
Jonnie Cook, Truro College
"An essential crash course in writing effective copy whether you're new to marketing or simply want to banish bad habits and enhance your technique."
Robbie Cooke, Pearson
"Thanks to Paul's lively delivery and the combination of practical exercises and enlightening theory, I spent the day flexing a different cerebral muscle. The simple truth is that the Copywriting Masterclass has already made me a better copywriter."
Katie Kirk, Totemic Ltd.
"I no longer fear the blank white paper. I have tools to help me write copy to meet my requirements!"
Hannah Cowan, Donor Development Manager, Against Breast Cancer