Marketing campaigns are often extremely complex, involving numerous media, multiple channels and a plethora of different suppliers. Learn how to plan and manage direct and digital marketing campaigns to ensure that they happen on time, on brief and on budget.
|Start date||Location||Member||Non-member||Places left||Book|
|The IDM, Teddington
During the Campaign Planning course you will learn to:
- Analyse the impact of the external and internal environments on defining realistic, measurable objectives.
- Design and test propositions to attract both new and existing customers
- Evaluate media and channel options to engage your target audiences.
- Consider how different creative treatments help your brand stand out from the crowd.
- Appreciate the legal and ethical issues affecting targeting and communications - including those relating to privacy and Data Protection
Who should attend Campaign Planning:
This course is designed for those new to marketing, or now taking responsibility for campaign development and implementation, this course will give you a 360 degree overview of the main steps for achieving a great performance.
Previous delegates include:
- Senior Marketing Executive (M&G Limited)
- Marketing Analyst (A J Bell)
- Marketing Manager (The Co-operative Legal Services)
- Advertising and Brand Manager (London South Bank University)
Campaign Planning programme details:
Defining your objectives
- Setting specific and realistic campaign objectives and budgets
- Investigating how external environments can affect your campaign objectives
- Producing a situational analysis
- How to write a tactical campaign plan
- Planning an integrated multi-media campaign
Engaging Your Audience
- Understanding the target audience, and how to segment and profile them
- Evaluating media and channel options to best deliver your campaign
- Designing and testing new propositions to attract new and existing customers
- Creative delivery, and how to integrate the creative story across online and traditional media
- Setting KPIs and learning the principles to robustly monitor them
- Evaluating campaign performance using AMC, Yield and ROI
- Testing offers, media and incentives to fine-tune your campaigns
Common campaign mistakes
- How to avoid common campaign mistakes
- How to assess risk and how to plan for it
- What to do when things go wrong
Legal, decent and honest?
- Ensuring your campaign doesn't fall foul of privacy and data protection laws
- Opt in versus opt out - the latest best practice guidelines both on and offline
- Understanding the rules for free gifts, prize draws and competitions
- What to look out for when approving copy and the role of ASA
Your Campaign Planning Course Tutor:
Lesley Tadgell-Foster, Managing Director, Shelf-Line Promotional Consultancy.
Lesley works with a range of clients who need to find a bridge between the marketing department and legal. Her consultancy offers a variety of compliance solutions for both data protection and other marketing legislation where operational issues must fit within internal policy guidelines. For clients as diverse as Lifesearch, Royal College of Nursing and Which? she has helped them develop their privacy procedures and statements for both online and offline communication. Her style is both informal and incisive, using real life 'best and worst' examples to help delegates think through the impact of their 'small print' on customers' trust and confidence.
Campaign Planning course reviews:
"Very good for practical case studies and interactive learning."
Helen Share, Fundraising Executive, NSPCC
"Fantastic course with real life ways to apply the theory in my day to day job."
Mara Tuca, Campaign Marketing Executive, Nationwide
"Really good course, great working examples that apply to real life situations."
Jenna Bezant, Marketing Assistant, Lloyds TSB General Insurance
"The course covered all aspects of managing a campaign for a variety of marketing roles. I picked up some fantastic tips and great knowledge on how to accurately plan and measure campaign effectiveness."
Jessica Edwards, Marketing Assistant, Full Circle Asset Management