Direct and Digital Marketing Essentials
A comprehensive, information-packed one-day course introducing all the key aspects of direct and digital marketing. From media selection to results analysis, you’ll learn all the core principles of response-driven marketing and leave with the skills and the confidence to put your new knowledge into immediate practice.
|Start date||Location||Member||Non-member||Places left||Book|
* All prices exclude VAT
During this course you will learn to:
- Understand how direct and digital channels play a vital role in marketing
- Identify the key components in planning acquisition and retention campaigns
- Understand the importance of maximising customer value through up-selling, cross-selling, winning-back and renewal
- Identify essential elements required for integrating direct and digital marketing programmes
- Understand the importance of targeting and testing across all media
- Track, measure and evaluate campaign results
- Understand the value of data and a good creative brief
Who should attend:
The course is designed for those new to direct and digital media; who work in business to consumer (b2c), business to business (b2b), charity, fundraising and not for profit advertising and marketing.
If your role involves the acquisition, development or retention of customers, and you want or need a good knowledge of the fundamentals of either online and offline media, and then this course is right for you.
Previous delegates include:
- Marketing Manager (Ernest & Julio Gallo Winery Europe)
- Sales Executive (Lloyd James Group)
- Marketing Executive (Holidaybreak)
- Account Manager (Caspa Marketing)
How digital marketing is changing marketing for good
- Understanding the four key principles - targeting, interaction, control and continuity
- Acknowledging the three different tasks that are required for success – acquisition, development and retention
- Recognising what’s required to maximize customer value and return on investment (ROI)
- The importance of profiling and segmentation of your prospect and customer databases
- Managing customer relationships across multiple online and offline media channels
- Understanding the ‘customer experience’ and the ‘customer journey’
Planning direct and digital acquisition campaigns
- Understanding the fundamental elements required in planning an acquisition campaign
- How to set objectives
- Understanding the importance of integration
- Understanding the buying process and customer behaviour
- Understanding why profiling, targeting, media selection, communication and evaluation are so important
- Recognising the importance of testing and what to test
- Understanding the importance of data
- Understanding how integrated campaigns can be evaluated
Retaining and developing customers
- Understanding the commercial imperative of retaining customers
- Six ways to analyse your customers
- Understanding the customer journey and customer touchpoints
- Six step approach to customer classification, programme streaming and communication
- Recognising the importance of taking an integrated approach
- Understanding why social media channels are so important in retaining customers
- Measuring and evaluating your success
Digital marketing planning and the communications tools
- Consumer behaviour in the online age
- Understanding the impact of digital marketing on your business
- Building customer relationships online and permission marketing
- Understanding the importance of the different digital channels and how they can be harnessed for greater impact
- Testing, tracking, measurement and web analytics
- What’s new
Great, engaging online and offline creative
- The key elements required to create effective direct and digital marketing
- The importance of branding
- Why tone, feel and style are so important
- How to develop a strong proposition with the help of customer insights
- Sixteen offers that increase response
- The importance of testing product, media, timing and creative
- UK and international award winning examples of online and offline media from TV to mobile apps, postcards to viral films, press to social media
Our speakers are seasoned direct and digital marketing practitioners who between them have worked with some of the world’s biggest brands….
Mike Berry Dip DM, F IDM is an independent consultant and trainer, who draws on his extensive experience of online and offline marketing to work with a range of clients in B2B, B2C, Public and Charity sectors. He is also Partner at Aprais, a global agency/client relationship management consultancy and Adjunct Professor of Marketing at Hult International Business School. Mike is the author of 'The New Integrated Direct Marketing’, published by Gower, and writes a popular blog on marketing and technology. He is both passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing and his classical marketing training and integrated background makes him ideally qualified to train marketers in digital skills.
Steve Walpole M IDM, Former Executive Creative Director, Clark McKay and Walpole, has worked in response marketing for 26 years, the last 19 as a Creative Director. Prior to joining CMW in 1996 he was a founding director/partner of both GGT Direct Advertising and Lowe Direct.
At GGT he was responsible for the RAC’s first web site and on-line advertising. The use of technology to help consumers interact with a brand has always been one of Steve’s passions. To this end he has also been one of the driving forces behind two UK launches that revolutionised the financial services industry – First Direct and Marbles.
Steve believes in total integration, where customers can interact with a brand at any point and that their expectations are always exceeded. Each media used should maximise its potential whether it’s purely brand building or customer account management.
He also believes that, however good a marketing or communications strategy is, creativity is still the most important part of a successful campaign. And to make sure that creative work is the best it can possibly be, we should continually look outside advertising for stimulation. Creativity breeds creativity. Steve’s clients include Porsche, Peugeot, Renault Retail, The Partnership Card from the John Lewis Partnership, Greenbee, Beneficial Finance, marbles, Flybe, Cadbury, Transport for London, Littlewoods and Axa.
Besides receiving numerous awards both here and abroad, Steve has won the overall DMA Gold twice.
"An eye opening into digital marketing. I now feel confident to attack my customer database and how to get results."
Kathie Crane, Finance Director, Prosperon Networks
"If you would like an overview of digital marketing and direct marketing, then this is the course for you. It confirmed my existing knowledge but enhanced and gave food for thought! I now feel confident to go back and question my marketing."
Natasha Parmar, Marketing Manager, Royal Inst of RICS
"The case covered everything I needed as an introduction to all aspects of Direct and Digital marketing and certainly whetted my appetite for further in-depth courses."
Natalie Dorrington, Sales and Marketing Executive, The Cruise Portfolio
"An excellent introduction to the basics of direct and digital marketing - comprehensive and engaging."
Sophie Coleman, Assistant Product Manager, MBI
"IDM seem to know just how to make a training session enjoyable, fun and extremely beneficial."
Pip Tuttle, Guide Dogs for the Blind Association