Planning and Managing Marketing Campaigns
Direct marketing campaigns are often extremely complex, involving numerous media, multiple channels and a plethora of different suppliers. Learn how to plan and manage direct marketing campaigns to ensure that they happen on time, on brief and on budget.
|Start date||Location||Member||Non-member||Places left||Book|
|03 Jun 2014||Teddington (TW11 0AR)||£525||£575||10 +||book|
* All prices exclude VAT
During this course you will learn to:
- Plan an integrated multimedia campaign
- Set your allowable marketing costs
- Write a communications brief
- Assess and select the right supplier
- Ensure your campaigns are legal, honest and decent
Who should attend:
This course is designed for marketers responsible for the planning and implementation of direct marketing campaigns on a day-to-day basis.
Previous delegates include:
- Senior Marketing Executive (M&G Limited)
- Marketing Analyst (A J Bell)
- Marketing Manager (The Co-operative Legal Services)
- Advertising and Brand Manager (London South Bank University)
- Making sure you know and understand your target audience
- How to write a tactical campaign plan
- Setting realistic campaign objectives and budgets
- Planning an integrated multi-media campaign
Direct marketing metrics
- What is a customer worth?
- Evaluating campaign performance using AMC, Yield and ROI
- How to calculate Lifetime Value (LTV)
How to write a brief
- Defining the opportunities and deliverables
- Evaluating the product benefits
- Understanding the target audience
Supplier selection, briefing and management
- How to choose the right supplier for your campaign
- From long list to short list: key things to look out for
- How to assess a suppliers true capabilities
- The supplier briefing process
Common campaign mistakes
- How to avoid common campaign mistakes
- How to assess risk and how to plan for it
- What to do when things go wrong
Legal, decent and honest?
- Ensuring your campaign doesn't fall foul of privacy and data protection laws
- Opt in versus opt out – the latest best practice guidelines both on and offline
- Understanding the rules for free gifts, prize draws and competitions
- What to look out for when approving copy and the role of ASA
Our speakers are seasoned direct and digital marketing practitioners who between them have worked with some of the world’s biggest brands….
Jane Cave has worked in direct marketing for over 20 years, both agency and client sides. Client jobs include Centaur Communications, The Financial Times and Volvo plus a short stint for the SDP (now known as The Lib Dems). In her agency days she worked for clients such as Friends of the Earth, Amnesty International, Airtours, Toshiba, Adobe and British Railfreight. She now runs her own consultancy practice, Jam Partnership, for a range of B2B, B2C and Not-For-Profit clients in the banking, charity, publishing, software, government, and marketing services sectors. She has been running training courses for the IDM for over 10 years and works closely with us running public courses, academic qualifications and In Company training courses. In addition Jane runs her own online B2B Company selling to audiovisual manufacturing companies.
Lesley Tadgell-Foster is Managing Director of Shelf-Line Promotional Consultancy. She works with a range of clients who need to find a bridge between the marketing department and legal. Her consultancy offers a variety of compliance solutions for both data protection and other marketing legislation where operational issues must fit within internal policy guidelines. For clients as diverse as Lifesearch, Royal College of Nursing and Which? she has helped them develop their privacy procedures and statements for both online and offline communication. Her style is both informal and incisive, using real life 'best and worst' examples to help delegates think through the impact of their 'small print' on customers' trust and confidence.
"Very good for practical case studies and interactive learning."
Helen Share, Fundraising Executive, NSPCC
"Fantastic course with real life ways to apply the theory in my day to day job."
Mara Tuca, Campaign Marketing Executive, Nationwide
"Really good course, great working examples that apply to real life situations."
Jenna Bezant, Marketing Assistant, Lloyds TSB General Insurance
"The course covered all aspects of managing a campaign for a variety of marketing roles. I picked up some fantastic tips and great knowledge on how to accurately plan and measure campaign effectiveness."
Jessica Edwards, Marketing Assistant, Full Circle Asset Management