Terms and conditions
For assistance with your bookings and purchases and enrolling as a member, please contact the Member and Customer Services team on +44 (0)20 8614 0277 (office hours).
- Completed bookings and purchases are considered to be firm orders, whether you select to pay online or offline. We guarantee your place on any course for which you book.
- If you are not a logged-in user, then on completion you will be given a user no. and temporary password with which you can review your purchased items and retrieve any purchased online resources. Your user no. and password will give you free access to a number of reserved features on this website.
- We shall despatch a VAT invoice (marked 'Paid' as applicable) to you by post within 2 working days.
- If you require urgent service but cannot pay online, please contact us (see below).
- The IDM reserves the right where necessary to cancel any activity, change venue, amend the date(s), fees or speakers at any time and without prior notice.
Pricing and charges
- Logged-in IDM members always receive the best price.
- VAT will be added as applicable. VAT applies to purchases of all downloadable resources.
- Delivery charges will vary depending on method of payment and fulfilment.
- If you are booking on a 3-for-2 offer, the free place is honoured on the cheapest ticket.
- Bookings on free course offers are subject to a £22 +VAT refreshments and materials cost which will be charged at the time of booking.
Qualifications, training courses, conferences and member events
- Offline payment: Due 30 days from invoice date or before the course starts, whichever is sooner; except for member events, where payment is due in full immediately on booking.
- Substitution: Should you be unable to attend, a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge providing you notify the IDM of such changes. (NB. Does not apply to the Certificate in Direct Marketing Principles.) However, where applicable, non-member substitutes will be charged at the non-member rate where replacing a member.
- Cancellation: Due to the nature of different activities and in the best interests of our members and customers, we have varying cancellation charges:
- Training courses: less than 14 days' notice, 100% charge; 14 days or more, 20%.
- Training course transfer (applies to training courses only): to transfer to a different course date with less than 14 days' notice, 20%; more than 14 days, no charge. Free places are non-transferable.
- Qualifications: less than 14 days' notice, 100% charge; 14 days or more, 20%.
- Member events: you may cancel in writing up to 2 working days prior to the event without charge. Thereafter, the full ticket price will be payable.
- Conferences: less than 14 days' notice, 100% charge; more than 14 days, 20%.
- Annual Lecture: you may cancel in writing (email email@example.com) up to 14 days prior to the event without charge. Thereafter full ticket price will be payable.
For any activity, failure to attend without notifying the IDM incurs a 100% charge.
IDM Survey Free Prize Draw for a Kindle Paperwhite
- The IDM survey free prize draw competition to win a Kindle Paperwhite (2 GB, Wifi, 6-in) is open to all persons aged 18 years or over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To be entered into the competition, contact details must be submitted once you have completed the Marketing Week-IDM survey.
- It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that the contact details provided are accurate and will remain accurate for the duration of the promotion. By entering this prize draw you agree to your name being used for promotional purposes.
- The competition closes at midnight 9 December 2013.
- One winner will be drawn at random on 11 December 2013 and the winner will be notified via the email address supplied.
- If the IDM cannot contact the winner within 7 days of the prize draw, we reserve the right to select another winner.
- The IDM will pay for the postage and packaging for competition prizes. However The IDM assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with the prize once they have received it.
- The winner name will be available from the IDM upon request by writing to the Marketing Team at the address listed below.
- The prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be made available. The IDM reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage.
- By entering this competition, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on English law and the Courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The promoter of this competition is The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing, 1 Park Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0AR.
- To view the IDM’s data protection policy please visit theidm.com/privacy
Renewing members: training discount offer
- The discount is available ONLY to those members on payment of their IDM membership renewal subscription.
- The discount may not be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- This is a personal discount and it cannot be transferred.
- The offer applies to new purchases only, the discount cannot be backdated.
- The member must personally attend/study the course. No substitution will be allowed.
- The discount replaces the membership rate for the course or full rate if no membership rate applies.
- Any costs relating to examination fees are excluded from this offer.
- The training must commence during the period when your renewed subscription is active.
- The offer will lapse at the end of your renewed subscription.
- The discount can be applied to any IDM training course with the exception of in-house training programmes.
- The discount cannot be applied to IDM qualifications.
- The member must claim the discount on booking by using the appropriate code.
- Should the membership lapse, the offer will lapse.
- The IDM reserves the right to withdraw the discount at any time.
- Eligibility for the discount is at the IDM’s discretion and our decision is final.
Definition of products
- By 'product', we mean 'hard copy' items, such as publications, that will be delivered to you by post.
- When paying online by debit or credit card, we initiate despatch of your order immediately. If you choose to pay 'offline', we initiate despatch on receipt of your full payment.
- We endeavour to despatch goods within 24 hours of payment wherever possible.
Definition of online (downloadable) resources
- By 'online (downloadable) resources’, we mean documents or files that are delivered electronically.
- These must be paid for online using an acceptable card account. Supply of these resources is treated as a service by UK HMRC and thus subject to VAT.
Our guarantee of your satisfaction (returns policy)
The Institute is committed to providing you with the best service and the most useful professional development resources.
- If you are unsatisfied with any product, you may return it in resellable condition within 30 days of receipt for a refund.
- If you are unsatisfied with any online resource, please let us know (see below).
In the event that the IDM is prevented from carrying out its obligations as a result of any cause beyond its control, such as but not limited to acts of God, war, acts of terrorism, airline flight cancellations, strikes, lock-outs, flood and failure of third parties to deliver goods or services, the IDM shall be relieved of its obligations and liabilities for as long as fulfilment is prevented.
The IDM does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Your details will be added to the IDM database in order to process your request, and so that you can be kept up to date with relevant details of our education, training, information and membership services.
From time to time the IDM holds joint events with selected partners. If you book to attend one of these events your details will be made available to the event partner. You will be advised of this at the time of booking and will be given the opportunity to opt-out of receiving any communications from the IDM and/or the event partner.
Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
If you are purchasing as a consumer rather than a business, you are entitled to cancel your order within 7 days of placing it. If you have purchased a service that begins within 7 days of placing your order, your right to cancel ceases when the service starts.
For further assistance
Call +44 (0)20 8614 0277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org(business hours) or write to: Member and Customer Services, The Institute of Direct and Digital Marketing, 1 Park Road, Teddington, Middlesex TW11 0AR, United Kingdom.