Module 1: An introduction to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
• Understand what search marketing is.
• Identify the most important search engines.
• Learn about SEO and PPC and why you should use them.
• Understand how search is changing.
Module 2: Setting your strategy
• Learn about the importance of having a search strategy in place.
• Understand how to develop your search strategy.
• Assess what a successful strategy should deliver.
Module 3: The fundamentals of search marketing
• Understand how SEO works.
• Understand what keyword research is and how to research keywords.
• Learn what keywords to use in your search marketing.
• Understand how search terms vary along the path to purchase.
Module 4: What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
• Understand how search engines find pages to include in results.
• Learn how to improve indexation.
• Explore the ways your site structure can be more search friendly.
• Understand what duplication is.
Module 5: How can you optimise your site?
• Understand what onsite elements influence your search rankings.
• Learn what you can do to improve your URLs.
• Identify factors to consider when creating title tags.
• Understand how to optimise body text.
Module 6: What is Pay per Click (PPC) marketing?
• Understand how PPC works.
• Understand how you advertise on search engines.
• Understand how paid search positions are decided.
• Learn how to choose paid search keywords.
• Understand what retargeting and remarketing is.
• Understand why retargeting might be useful for companies.
Module 7: Further paid search opportunities
• Understand what paid search extensions and mobile app extensions are.
• Learn how to create a powerful ad.
• Understand what an allowable CPC and CPA are.
• Learn how agencies and freelancers charge for PPC.
Module 8: Measuring your search marketing
• Learn the most common search marketing KPIs.
• Learn how to choose the right metrics.
• Understand what a good search marketing report should include.
• Understand what attribution and search marketing modelling is.