This course is made up of 8 modules.
Module 1: Defining data
Learning objective: To understand the basics of marketing data and its role and importance within your business
- Understand what data is and where it comes from
- Assess the role and importance of data within a business
- Identify some key techniques for adding value to data
- Understand how to classify data according to reliability, stability and content
- Gain awareness of key data types and sources
Module 2: Data quality
Learning objective: To understand the key concepts of data quality
- Understand why data quality is important in sustaining your business
- Assess what good data quality looks like
- Identify the origins of poor quality data
- Evaluate the impact that poor data quality can have over your business
- Understand how to move towards a single customer view
Module 3: Data management
Learning objective: To understand how manage data and data quality issues
- Appreciate the reasons for managing data quality
- Understand good and bad data management practices
- Identify the key components of data quality improvement
- Appreciate the value to the business of data quality improvement
- Understand practical techniques for cleansing your data
- Assess the maturity of your organisation in respect of data quality management
Module 4: Database structures
Learning objective: To understand the role of the database and how to plan/build one.
- Identify the role of a database.
- Appreciate the different types of database structures.
- Understand how to plan and build a database.
Module 5: Data – preparation and mining
Learning objective: To help you understand the role of technology in managing data
- Understand the importance of data preparation.
- Recognise the different types of data (internal and external) that support analytical processes, including data profiling.
- Identify the role of data mining and how it can be used to generate insight
Module 6: Data – segmentation and predictive modelling
Learning objective: To help you understand segmentation and predictive modelling
- Appreciate the role of segmentation and predictive modelling when trying to glean insights from your data.
- Understand the range of statistical techniques you can use to understand your data better
Module 7: Data security
Learning objective: To assess the importance of data security for your business
- Understand the three core principles of data and information security; confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Assess what good data security looks like in practice
- Manage and measure the risks related to data security
- Understand how to handle a data security breach
- Evaluate the cost and damage to your business of getting data security wrong
Module 8: Data governance
Learning objective: To understand why good data governance is essential and how to accurately assess your own organisation’s current data capability on the Data Governance Maturity Model
- Understand what data governance is and why it’s important to your organisation
- Review the impact of inadequate data governance
- Understand your organisation’s current data capability
- Plot your position on the Data Governance Maturity Model and monitor your progress
- Organise for successful data governance and data management
- Develop and implement a successful data governance strategy
- Appreciate the legal and regulatory regime which governs personal data, particularly the GDPR
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.