Why marketing needs leaders– Dave Chaffey
The future leader – Dave Chaffey
- The trends for the next wave of digital: Brand purpose, content exhaustion, customer power, mobile, personalised experiences, new metrics
Proof of leadership: Building a business case – PR Smith
- The marketing, managerial and technical skills that leaders will need to succeed in the next wave of digital.
The essentials of financial leadership – Steve Govey
- The basics of SOSTAC™: Situation Analysis (where are we now?); Objectives (where do we want to go?) Strategy (how do we get there?); Tactics (the details of strategy including the marketing mix and comms mix); Action (the details of tactics – who does what, when & processes and systems); Control (metrics that you need to measure at different times).
- Building a business case: The three key resources : People (the human resource); Minutes (time scales) & Money (budgets). How SOSTAC™ has developed a very structured approach to digital marketing, from situation analysis to monitoring progress against objectives.
Leadership through persuasion and presentation – John Scarrott
- Understanding the essentials of financial accounting and management reporting. Balance sheets, costs and expenditure, revenues, profit and loss within the media and marketing sectors.
- Strategies to control costs and bolster revenues; supplier contracts, dealing with HMRC and working with your CFO to achieve your objectives.
The evolution of the marketing leader - Emma Shelton Smith
- How to get your proposals adopted by colleagues and clients through improving your presentation and communication skills. Structuring an argument; looking beyond powerpoint; winning over doubters.
- Developing your leadership profile by promoting your ideas via conferences and on digital and publishing platforms. Speaking in public, debating, blogging, vlogging and social media.
Develop your personal leadership style and gain practical and relevant tools that will equip you to become an effective and forward thinking leader. Topics covered include:
• Management vs. Leadership
• Marketing Leadership of the future
• Establishing and Communicating your Vision
• Asking not telling; how to coach your team for performance
• Working to your strengths: developing your personal leadership style