Exploiting the power of search to reach your audience
- Understanding the role keywords play in defining your audience
- Working with keywords to optimise the different layers of your site
- Using keywords to develop content for different audiences
- Finding the right keywords to work with
- Building links that drive the right kind of traffic
Setting up Pay Per Click to drive traffic to your site
- Building targeted keyword strategies
- Working with Google’s basic planning tools
- Setting up campaigns to deliver impressions and click-throughs
- Measuring the effect of your campaigns
- Working with budgets
- Optimising campaigns with local and regional targeting
- The importance of related landing pages
Using social channels to build customer engagement
- Understanding your audiences’ social channel preferences
- The importance of tuning into conversations
- Preparing content that attracts the attention of your audiences
- Using social channels to build relationships and build trust
- Turning social relationships into sales opportunities
Going mobile in the digital marketplace
- Mobile search and the multichannel journey
- Responsive design and content
- Making use of smartphones, interaction tools and downloads
- Social interaction and Near Field Communication
- Generating localised and behavioural sales opportunities
- The critical difference between mobile sites and apps
Awareness and preference through display advertising
- Assessing different targeting methods
- Developing your scheduling options
- Evaluating the creative options in format and content
- Using analytics to optimise your campaigns
Working with affiliates to open up new sales opportunities
- Understanding the role intermediaries play in the marketing mix
- Evaluating potential affiliate partners
- Getting to grips with fees and commission structures
- Developing the right kind of content and relationship
- Ensuring sales are incremental and not detrimental to business
Using email to build and service customer relationships
- Understanding the value of email addresses and the moment of capture
- Building a segmentation, timing and content strategy
- The importance of design and delivery methods
- The elements that must be measured
- The importance of testing and optimisation
- Evaluating and optimising email campaigns
- The role of automation
Putting user experience at the heart of digital strategy
- Exploring user personas and goals
- The importance of useful content and navigation
- User testing wireframes and sites
- Serving the 5 modes of customer engagement
Evaluating the performance of digital campaigns
- First steps in analytics
- The eight essential measurements across all channels
- Using analytics to optimise our campaigns
Digital Marketing: Essentials is designed for those delegates with little or no experience in digital marketing.
Once you enrol onto ‘Digital Marketing: the Essentials’ course you will receive the ‘DMA Social Media Guide’
The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
David Hearn F IDM, Managing Director, AHK
David Hearn F IDM has been a marketer for 30 years and co-owner of direct and digital agency, AHK, for over 20. AHK plans and executes customer recruitment and development programmes for B2C and B2B companies, including Canon Europe, Adobe, GE Capital, Thomas Miller and The Warranty Group. The agency’s services include strategic planning, data analysis & insight, marketing technology deployment, creative development and campaign management. David describes himself as a marketing generalist and is responsible for overseeing client activity.
David has shared his marketing experience and knowledge for the last 15 years, lecturing and tutoring for the IDM.
I would recommend this one day introduction as a great way to build or refresh knowledge. I found it extremely interesting, relevant and well delivered.
Skipton Building Society
I just wanted to say that the course was extremely useful and Mike is an excellent tutor.
I would definitely recommend this course to other colleagues here at UBM.
This was very informative and engaging training course which dealt with many important marketing topics concisely.
A very enjoyable and informative day. We covered a lot of ground, on a broad range of areas of digital marketing and I feel I definitely achieved a good grounding in the subject so I feel more confident moving forward in my role. Lovely, friendly staff, good food and an inspirational trainer. I hope to come back soon to broaden my learning!
This course is excellent for anyone who wants to get to grips with the basics of digital marketing - covers all the fundamental aspects of modern marketing techniques.
Lloyds Banking Group