- The history of data in marketing
- How important is data in your business?
- Identifying techniques to make your data more valuable
- How should you be classifying your data?
- Understand the main types of data and data sources
- What data quality means to your business
- What does good data look like?
- How is poor data quality generated?
- How can poor data quality impact you?
- Why should you move to a single customer view?
- Overseeing your data management
- What is good and bad data management?
- How to improve your data quality
- Appreciate the value to the business of data quality improvement
- The techniques to data cleansing
- How good is your data quality management?
- What is a database?
- How to plan and build a database
- How should you program your database?
Data – preparation and mining
- Getting your data ready
- Internal and external data processes that support your analytics
- The importance of data mining
Data – segmentation and predictive modelling
- Using segmentation and predictive modelling to better understand your data
- The stats needed to make you a data expert
- Insights into the principles of data
- What your data security should look like
- Understanding the risks with data security
- What is a data breach?
- The implications of not having the correct data security in practice
- The importance of data governance
- How can bad data governance impact you?
- What is your data capability?
- Plan your progress on data governance
- Planning for successful data governance
- Awareness of the legal regulations on personal data
Matt Banks, Insight and Analytics Partner, Seven Seconds
Matt is the Insight and Analytics Partner at a new ecommerce consultancy called Seven Seconds, with Waitrose being one of its key clients.
Matt’s previous role was as a Senior Consultant at PwC Specialising in Digital Intelligence for clients including, EMAP, British Gas, John Lewis, DeBeers. Prior to this, Matt was a Client Director at Logan Tod for 5 years running digital optimisation and intelligence projects with clients which included HSBC, ASOS and Debenhams Before joining Logan Tod, Matt headed up a Digital Insight Team at Lloyds Banking Group.