This qualification is made up of nine modules. You will also be required to complete two x one hour online examinations.
Module 1: An introduction to content marketing
- Understand what content marketing is.
- Learn about the consumer challenge for content marketers.
- Learn about the content creation challenge for content marketers.
Module 2: Developing a content strategy and Step 1: Setting objectives and KPIs
- Understand why you need a content marketing strategy.
- Identify what your content marketing strategy should deliver.
- Understand how to develop a content marketing strategy.
Module 3: Step 2 - Insight - listen, identify, and understand your audience
- Assess how to set SMART objectives and KPIs.
- Understand how to use SMART objectives in content marketing.
Module 4: Step 3 - Storytelling - tell a consistent, emotive and compelling brand story
- Understand the meaning of 'audience' in relation to content marketing.
- Assess the role of personas in content marketing.
- Learn how to create personas.
- Learn about content and the customer journey.
Module 5: Step 4 - Channels - identify the touchpoints most suited to your audience
- Understand how brands create great stories.
- Learn about the content 'sweet spot'.
- Learn about the hero, hub, and hygiene model for the purposes of content creation.
- Assess what is meant by content value exchange.
Module 6: Step 5 - Management - manage the process with clear responsibilities and tools
- Assess the importance of context in channel planning.
- Learn about using the converged media model in channel planning.
- Identify which questions to ask when channel planning.
- Understand how to choose the most effective channels for B2B and B2C content marketing.
- Appreciate the importance of developing and managing a content calendar.
Module 7: Step 6 - Curation - Listen, converse and amplify the impact of the content
- Understand how to manage the delivery of your content marketing strategy.
- Understand what the content lifecycle is.
- Appreciate the role of the Content Management System (CMS).
Module 8: Step 7 - Optimisation: Continually measure, optimise, learn and enhance
- Understand what content curation is.
- Learn about amplification of content.
- Assess how to measure the success of your content marketing activities.
- Understand the role of testing in content marketing.
Module 9: Revision
- Summary of key learning objectives.
- Review of the examination process (overview of Paper 1 and 2).
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
You can enrol directly via the IDM website.
If you would like to discuss your enrolment or have any questions please call us on 020 8614 0277.
Exams and assessments
In order to attain the Award in Content Marketing and use the honorifics Award CM, you must successfully pass two x one hour online exams.
Pass marks and Grades
To pass this programme you will need a minimum of 60% in the exams. In the event that the minimum pass mark is not met you will have the opportunity to resit at a later date.