Introducing the world of eCommerce
- Today’s eCommerce landscape: technologies, payments, consumer behaviour
- Contribution of eCommerce pioneers: Adobe, Amazon, Domino’s
- Serving B2B, B2C and B2B2C audiences
- The importance of User Centred Design and UX
- The rise and rise of Mobile Commerce
Consumer led eCommerce strategy
- Understanding the omnichannel shopper through usability research
- Identifying user needs, behaviours, motivations and what they value on PC, tablet and mobile
- How digital works across the purchase lifecycle: awareness, consideration, purchase, loyalty
- Mapping the customer journey
10 key UX ingredients of high performance eCommerce sites and apps
- Grasp important factors in delivering an optimal eCommerce user experience, including:
- Customer journeys matching customer needs; personalisation; navigation; clear calls to action;
- Customer testimonials and endorsement; location sensitive offers; content sharing functionality; ongoing site performance optimisation
Core online design and build
- Grasp the most important factors in delivering an optimal eCommerce user experience, including:
- Review the design components needed to deliver a seamless online shopping experience, including: page load speed; menus, fonts, icons, images, buttons, links; ratings and reviews;
- Information architecture; on-site search and in-app navigation; product catalogue and filters; check out process and guest checkout; returns; loyalty and vouchers
Wireframes and rapid prototyping
- Why prototyping makes commercial sense and wins over stakeholders
- Different types of wireframing and prototyping
Optimising your eCommerce performance
- Adopting a culture or constant testing and iteration
- Overview of analytics tools: online, guerrilla testing, focus groups
- User testing and moderation techniques
- Best practice tips for optimising website, mobile and tablet
Action plan - putting learnings to practice
- Develop a project plan to optimise your website or app
The eCommerce Strategy course is ideal for anyone involved in planning, designing or commissioning transactional sites or apps that can be accessed on PC or mobile devices. Typical attendees include: eCommerce managers, project managers, marketing and website managers or business owners.
Rob Manning F IDM, PG Dip IDM, Strategy Director and Vice President, Jacob Bailey Group
Rob began his career in marketing communications in 2000, joining award-winning brand and direct response agency Jacob Bailey in 2003 where he is now Group Account Director. Rob heads up Jacob Bailey’s London office, handling integrated strategic direct response campaigns for big brand clients like AXA, BT, E.ON, Barclaycard and National Express – and was awarded the Top Student Distance Learning Award by the IDM in 2005.
A web specialist, Rob has embedded digital marketing as a core competence within the company, helping to raise the eMarketing performance bar for some of the UK’s biggest companies. Rob recognises the direct link between emerging technology and marketing effectiveness – and has applied it to help make Jacob Bailey a recognised leader in this field.
I really liked the use of practical and "real life" examples to illustrate points.
The first-hand experience examples given by trainer were very useful.