An introduction to social media and engagement
- Understand what social media marketing is and how it has developed
- Understand the impact of social media on engagement for brands
- Learn the importance of agile planning
Developing a social media strategy
- Understand the importance of a social media strategy
- Identify the types of social media campaigns
- Gain an introduction to the 8 steps of social strategy development
Setting objectives and KPIs
- Learn how to set SMART objectives for social media
- Understand the different types of KPIs and how to use them for your social media activities
- Develop social listening to understand customer preferences and competitor actions
- Understand how to use the listening framework
- Understand who your influencers are
- Learn how to select influencers
- Learn how to work with influencers
Selecting a social platform
- Understand the difference between paid, earned, and owned media
- Identify the hidden costs of social media
Building a content strategy and implementing a plan
- Learn to build a content plan.
- Learn how to meet specific platform requirements.
- Implementing a plan on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Optimising your social media campaign
- Understand how to measure and optimise your social media campaigns
- Understand how to calculate social media ROI
This course is ideal for marketers who need to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits and practicalities of generating content and how to build it into their digital strategy.
Enrol onto ‘Social Media: Strategy, Tools and Tactics’ course and receive the ‘DMA Social Guide’. The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
Julie Atherton F IDM, Managing Director, Small Wonder
A business and marketing consultant with significant experience in B2B, B2C, commercial and not-for-profit organisations, and a particular specialism in the education sector. A strategist and trainer delivering leadership, business transformation, integrated marketing, and brand development projects, Julie’s expertise includes content marketing, brand engagement, recruitment, fundraising, CRM, digital and data, and social media.