An introduction to social media and engagement
- Understand what social media marketing is and how it has developed
- Understand the impact of social media on engagement for brands
- Learn the importance of agile planning
Developing a social media strategy
- Understand the importance of a social media strategy
- Identify the types of social media campaigns
- Gain an introduction to the 8 steps of social strategy development
Setting objectives and KPIs
- Learn how to set SMART objectives for social media
- Understand the different types of KPIs and how to use them for your social media activities
- Develop social listening to understand customer preferences and competitor actions
- Understand how to use the listening framework
- Understand who your influencers are
- Learn how to select influencers
- Learn how to work with influencers
Selecting a social platform
- Understand the difference between paid, earned, and owned media
- Identify the hidden costs of social media
Building a content strategy and implementing a plan
- Learn to build a content plan.
- Learn how to meet specific platform requirements.
- Implementing a plan on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Optimising your social media campaign
- Understand how to measure and optimise your social media campaigns
- Understand how to calculate social media ROI
This course is ideal for marketers who need to gain a deeper understanding of the benefits and practicalities of generating content and how to build it into their digital strategy.
Enrol onto ‘Social Media: Strategy, Tools and Tactics’ course and receive the ‘DMA Social Guide’. The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
Julie Atherton F IDM, Managing Director, Small Wonder
A business and marketing consultant with significant experience in B2B, B2C, commercial and not-for-profit organisations, and a particular specialism in the education sector. A strategist and trainer delivering leadership, business transformation, integrated marketing, and brand development projects, Julie’s expertise includes content marketing, brand engagement, recruitment, fundraising, CRM, digital and data, and social media.
The course group was a nice small size. The trainer was clear and knowedgeable and kept our interest. I have bought back information I can apply in my role.
Julie made things really easy to understand. Her level of personal experience and case study examples were impressive and really fascinating. Really thought provoking.
Leigh Academics Trust
Great course, good pace and practical hints and tips. Sparked loads of ideas I want to go try.