Upskill your team with government funding | IDM

Supercharge your marketing skills with government funding. Hurry, only a few places remaining!

As part of our campaign to reduce skills gaps and talent shortages across the UK, organisations can now benefit from funding from the Department for Education (DfE) to upskill their employees.

You can also take advantage of an increasing talent pool in digital marketing, as we are providing government funded Digital Marketing Strategy Skills Bootcamps for individuals currently out of work.

Register your interest in recruiting newly trained talent here.

Our Digital Marketing Strategy Skills Bootcamps are a great opportunity to get support from the DMA and the DfE, especially for small to medium size businesses that are struggling with digital marketing skills.

Join us on our mission to support the marketing community through upskilling to:

  • End the digital marketing skills gap
  • Help businesses retain key talent
  • Boost productivity and business growth

What is a Digital Marketing Strategy Skills Bootcamp?

The Bootcamp will train your employees in many different areas of digital marketing strategy and application, from social media and email marketing to Google Analytics.

After completing the course, participants will be awarded a Certificate in Digital Marketing, a Level 5 qualification accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM).  

Further details:

  • 12-week programme 
  • A mix of in person, online classes and online self-led study 
  • Based in Bristol, London, and Manchester 

When are the Bootcamps?

Our final three scheduled bootcamps begin:

  • 1 February 2023 - Fully Online
  • 3 February 2023 - London
  • 24 February 2023 - London

There are only 25 places on each, so get your team members booked on now. 

Who can qualify? 

The Digital Marketing Strategy Skills Bootcamps are aimed at businesses that see the value in long-term learning.

For businesses with 250 employees or less, you’ll pay 10% of the total cost of the Skills Bootcamp with the government funding the other 90%.

Total Course Fee: £2,123  

Government Pays: £1,910 

Employer Pays: £213 per employee 


For larger organisations, you’ll pay 30% of the total cost of the Skills Bootcamp with the government funding the other 70%.

Total Course Fee: £2123

Government Pays: £1486

Employer Pays: £637 per employee

The individuals you select to take advantage of this scheme may already work in marketing and need additional digital marketing skills. Or it may be someone from outside the marketing team who will take on digital marketing responsibility.

Why are we providing this training? 

The Department for Education has selected the DMA as a partner on their Skills for Life initiative, to close the skills gap that is negatively impacting business. This partnership supports our campaign to upskill the marketing industry.

“The DMA’s new skills bootcamps will help organisations and the people who power them to benefit from government-funded upskilling and reskilling opportunities during these extremely challenging economic times. They will help businesses to acquire skilled, diverse talent saving on both training and recruitment costs, while empowering them to boost growth and productivity,” said Chris Combemale, CEO of the DMA.

“In addition, they will offer support to people from all backgrounds across the UK, not only helping them to develop highly desirable marketing and digital skills, but to also provide them with crucial links to responsible employers.”

Find out more about the DMA’s Digital Marketing Skills Bootcamps here.

Contact Us