This programme is the equivalent to a level 7 qualification or to master’s degree level and is made up of 10 modules. You will also be required to complete two individual assignments and sit three exams.
Module 1: The digital enterprise and planning
Learning objective: To assess the relevance of digital marketing to an organisation and its markets.
- Understand the business challenges digital marketing will create
- Define a structured approach to planning for digital marketing
- Creating a digital marketing plan
- Objective setting
- Targeting strategy
- Creative offer and messaging
- Timing and integration issues
- Media planning and selection
Module 2: Understanding the online marketplace
Learning objective: Understand approaches for evaluating an organisation's online marketplace to help develop digital marketing strategy.
- Tools and metrics for assessing the online marketplace
- Evaluating customer characteristics, behaviour and preferences
- Engaging customers through social networks and communities
- Intermediary assessment and partner management
- Introduction to competitor benchmarking
Module 3: Digital marketing strategy
Learning objective: To review different types of objectives, strategies and tactics related to digital marketing planning.
- Introduction to objectives and digital marketing planning activities
- Goal-setting for digital marketing plans
- Strategy formulation for customer acquisition, conversion and development
- Applying segmentation, targeting and positioning in an online context
- Implementation, monitoring and control
- Business and revenue models for digital channels
Module 4: Financial analysis and performance development
Learning objective: To evaluate the cost-effectiveness of digital marketing initiatives and their performance in relation to other marketing channels.
- Principles of budgeting for digital marketing
- Accounting definitions made easy
- Performance measurement systems for digital marketing
- Annual budgeting for digital marketing
- Campaign budgeting for digital marketing
- Modelling customer lifetime value
- Metrics frameworks for assessing the effectiveness of digital marketing
- Reviewing the contribution of web analytics
- Structured improvement through A/B and multivariate testing
Module 5: Digital and brand experience
Learning objective: Assess opportunities for digital marketing to redefine brand value.
- Measuring and improving online customer engagement
- Voice of customer and Net Promoter Score evaluation
- Engaging customers using social networks and communities
- Developing a powerful online value proposition
- Extended product options and online pricing strategies
- Evaluating and improving online customer experiences
- Developing immersive brand experiences and branded utilities
Module 6: Gaining customer knowledge and insight
Learning objective: To enhance customer insights to improve digital marketing effectiveness.
- Using information sources and tools to understand the digital customer
- Using web analytics to improve customer knowledge
- Online profiling and segmentation options in B2C and B2B marketing
- Devising a customer data strategy for digital marketing
- Options for integrating different data sources
- Evaluating the attribution of multi-touchpoint journeys in acquisition and retention
- Principles of customer value management and maximising customer equity
Module 7: Developing relevant customer communications using CRM
Learning Objective: To evaluate and improve the relevance of customer communications through CRM systems.
- Assessing current outbound customer communications
- Permission marketing and customer communication preferences
- Making the business case for improved contact and personalisation strategies
- Conducting a CRM technology and customer data audit
- Creating an integrated contact strategy for customer development
- Analysing a RFM (Recency, Frequency, Monetary) value of customer interaction
- Reviewing targeting options for web and email based personalisation
- Integrating mobile marketing into contact strategies
Module 8: Managing integrated marketing communications
Learning objective: To understand how to integrate digital marketing objectives into the overall marketing communications plan.
- An introduction to integrated marketing communications
- Definition of channels and media
- The media-neutral approach to planning
- Integrated marketing planning tools
- Creating an integrated communications plan and budget
- Exploiting the ‘halo effect’ of display advertising
- Integrating search marketing (SEO and SEM) and affiliate marketing into campaigns
- Leveraging word-of-mouth, viral and social media marketing
- Reviewing options using mobile marketing for brand engagement
- Evaluating individual channel performance within the communications mix
Module 9: Digital marketing optimisation
Learning objective: Assess the options for optimising marketing activities.
- Setting goals for digital marketing campaigns
- Evaluating methods for tracking the effectiveness of digital campaigns
- Assigning budgets for digital campaigns
- Selecting relevant digital media channels
- Reviewing targeting approaches
- Reviewing creative and messaging approaches
Module 10: Digital channel management
Learning objective: Understanding approaches to manage change in people, process, and technology resources needed for integration of digital marketing within an organisation.
- Challenges of integrating digital marketing into an organisation
- Reviewing the capability maturity of digital channels
- Supplier selection and outsourcing for digital marketing
- The laws and codes covering digital marketing
Module 11: The future landscape
Learning objective: Exploring the digital future and looking at trends shaping how technology will be used.
- Predicting the future of digital marketing
- Identifying the significant trends
- Your part in the future