This qualification is made up of nine modules. You will also be required to complete three online examinations.
Module 1: An introduction to Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Understand what search marketing is.
- Identify the most important search engines.
- Learn about SEO and PPC and why you should use them.
- Understand how search is changing.
Module 2: Setting your strategy
- Learn about the importance of having a search strategy in place.
- Understand how to develop your search strategy.
- Assess what a successful strategy should deliver.
Module 3: The fundamentals of search marketing
- Understand how SEO works.
- Understand what keyword research is and how to research keywords.
- Learn what keywords to use in your search marketing.
- Understand how search terms vary along the path to purchase.
Module 4: What is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)?
- Understand how search engines find pages to include in results.
- Learn how to improve indexation.
- Explore the ways your site structure can be more search friendly.
- Understand what duplication is.
Module 5: How can you optimise your site?
- Understand what onsite elements influence your search rankings.
- Learn what you can do to improve your URLs.
- Identify factors to consider when creating title tags.
- Understand how to optimise body text.
Module 6: What is Pay per Click (PPC) marketing?
- Understand how PPC works.
- Understand how you advertise on search engines.
- Understand how paid search positions are decided.
- Learn how to choose paid search keywords.
- Understand what retargeting and remarketing is.
- Understand why retargeting might be useful for companies.
Module 7: Further paid search opportunities
- Understand what paid search extensions and mobile app extensions are.
- Learn how to create a powerful ad.
- Understand what an allowable CPC and CPA are.
- Learn how agencies and freelancers charge for PPC.
Module 8: Measuring your search marketing
- Learn the most common search marketing KPIs.
- Learn how to choose the right metrics.
- Understand what a good search marketing report should include.
- Understand what attribution and search marketing modelling is.
Module 9: Revision
- Summary of key learning objectives.
- Review of the examination process (overview of Paper 1, 2 and 3).
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
You can enrol directly via the IDM website
If you would like to discuss your enrolment or have any questions please call us on 020 8614 0277.
Exams and assessments
In order to attain the Award in SEO and PPC and use the honorifics Award SM, you must successfully pass three online exams (1 x 1hour plus 2 x 30 minute exams).
Pass marks and grades
To pass this programme you will need a minimum of 60% in the exams. In the event that the minimum pass mark is not met you will have the opportunity to resit at a later date.