This qualification is made up of 9 modules. You will also be required to complete one exam.
Module 1: Overview of integrated direct marketing communications
- The principal direct channels available to marketers, and how they are used today
- The key tasks demanded of current marketing - and how an integrated approach is well-fitted to these
Module 2: Direct marketing channels
- How to use direct mail, door-to-door, inserts, printed media, direct response TV (DRTV), direct response radio, and telemarketing for best practice.
Module 3: Digital marketing channels
- The role of digital marketing and the online value proposition
- An understanding of the key digital channels: search marketing, display advertising, email, social media marketing, mobile and affiliate marketing
Module 4: Database marketing
- Creating a clear data strategy
- Identifying what data you need to deliver your marketing goals
- Building knowledge of legal and regulatory constraints around use of personal data
- Permission marketing and CRM best practices: obtaining and maintaining consent
Module 5: Data analysis
- Using profiling to extract simple insight from your data
- Improving your targeting through the use of segmentation and personas
- Adding to your customer understanding through market research
Module 6: Data-Driven Marketing Communications Planning
- Performing a situation analysis
- SMART objectives setting
- Campaign management and evaluation
Module 7: Campaign Planning
- The ability to use the key planning tools
- Understanding the different techniques to deliver acquisition and retention campaigns
- The key differences between B2B and B2C marketing
Module 8: Testing
- An awareness of what can be tested and in what order
- Knowing the key steps in developing a test programme
- Understanding the challenges of measuring tests in multichannel campaigns
Module 9: Creative Briefing
- Understanding the importance of a good creative brief
- Knowing how to prepare and deliver a good creative brief
- Understanding how to evaluate creative work
Enjoy the flexibility of devising your own personalised study routine with your programme deadlines via a stream of online content run over 12 months. You will receive email support and 24/7 access to course materials. For more information call 020 8614 0277.
In order to attain the Award in Data-Driven Marketing and use the honorifics Award DDM you must pass an online exam.
The IDM Data-Driven Marketing course is delivered through online learning. Online marketing courses provide a convenient and easy way to study wherever you are.
Students will be required to undertake all ten modules in order to achieve the qualification. In all, this will require approximately 35 hours of study (you will be allowed up to one year to complete). As a basic marketing course, the focus of the award is on breadth, giving you a comprehensive overview of both direct and digital marketing.
At the end of the programme there will be one online examination to be completed which, if successful, will qualify you to receive the IDM Award in Data-Driven Marketing (Award DDM).