What makes great copy
- Killer web headlines for search and sharing
- Readable copy
- Irresistible calls to action
- How does AIDCA fit in?
- Exploring copy examples across a variety of digital formats and industries to see what works and what doesn't
Understanding the audience and the proposition to shape your copy
- What are we really being asked to write about and why?
- Who is our key audience and what do we want them to do or take from it?
- Start working with your own proposition
- Why understanding Google helps you craft successful copy
- Keywords and phrases
- H1 tags, link text, captions, headlines, paragraph openers, meta data and page titles
Basic principles of digital copy
- Elements of a webpage
- Keywords and phrases
- How your audience sees content differently online
- Explore the theory behind words
- Examples to help shape your own copy
- Start writing key digital copy elements
Quick copywriting tips and fixes for repurposing content
- How do we transfer our offline content into effective online material?
- Adding to your content toolbox
- Subject lines and beyond
- Understanding what makes great email copy and how to test, learn and adjust
- Start writing your email campaigns
Beginner's guide to copywriting for different social media sites and tools
- How social copy differs by site, tool and audience
- What works and what doesn't
- Listening to what Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram are telling us
- Quick fixes for social copy success
This course is designed for marketers or copywriters who create, edit or repurpose digital copy and content, with little or no previous experience. It would also benefit senior copywriters with a predominantly offline background, who require a grounding in the principles of writing for digital media.
Enrol onto ‘Digital Copywriting: Essentials’ course and receive the ‘DMA Copywriting Guide’. The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
Becky Bocchetti, Consultant
Becky Bocchetti is a leading digital trainer and content consultant who has a proven track record of success with a variety of media owners, FMCG brands, marketing specialists and content providers. Her unique cross-media experience is in high demand with clients who look to her for expertise, insight and tangible results.