Understand what direct marketing has to offer and how it works?
- Defining it how it relates to digital marketing
- The key principles of successful direct marketing
- How to target the right people
- Developing relevant communications – direct marketing creativity
- Measurement and ROI
Be able to reach new customers with effective direct response advertising
- Characteristics of the different media and finding information on channels/titles
- Planning your acquisition campaign
- Integrating with digital marketing for maximum effect
Knowing how to plan and generate results from Press/ Magazine advertising
- How direct response advertising works differently from ‘awareness’
- How to plan, manage, create and evaluate direct response press that delivers results
- Wastebasket fodder or low cost acquisition? Making the most of inserts
Harnessing the continued power of Direct Mail
- How and why it works?
- Managing the process for planning and implementing a campaign
- Managing suppliers of data, printing and mailing
- Generating new customers and creating and growing existing ones
Door drop – unaddressed household leaflet drops
- Direct Mail’s poor relation or an effective targeted acquisition channel?
- How to target households with geo demographic and lifestyle data
- Its role in an integrated acquisition plan
- Planning and managing your campaign
- Electronic direct mail?
- What can it best achieve?
- Plan and manage campaigns
What makes people respond and buy, donate or vote?
- How direct response creative works
- The creative brief
- Evaluating creative output
- Creative testing
How direct marketing can retain more of your customers
- Understanding the customer journey and how best to use direct communication
- Planning and implementing your contact strategy and measuring results
- Not just hanging onto customers, but helping them spend more with you
Measuring and evaluating Direct Marketing
- Managing data and response
- Deciding what to test for maximum future impact
- Planning and setting up reliable tests and evaluating results
- How to measure direct marketing over time
- Meeting the challenge of attributing results to different media
How different is Business to Business (B2B) from Consumer (B2C) prospects and customers
- Differences and similarities are highlighted during each session
Aimed at Marketing Executives and Managers relatively new to Direct Marketing or Digital Marketers trying to understand non Digital Marketing stuff and how to make it work.
The course will provide you with a grounding on how to plan, manage and execute campaigns using Direct Mail, Inserts, Press advertising and Door drop and deliver results.
Targeted correctly, Direct Marketing channels deliver and are most effective alongside digital marketing. Integrating the two, delivers optimal results.
Enrol onto ‘Direct Marketing: Essentails’ course and receive the ‘DMA Inserts Guide’. The guide has been devised by numerous marketing industry experts. It will help you understand how to do one-to-one marketing the right way.
Martin Chillcott F IDM, Director, Hotchilly Marketing
Martin is acknowledged as an expert in customer retention and has been responsible for the development of successful marketing strategies and customer communications across a range of businesses. He applies a common sense approach and ability to identify powerful customer insights and opportunity for profit.
He has over 20 years’ client-side marketing experience, including director level roles in UK, Europe and Canada/USA with American Express, Thomas Cook, M&G, Air Miles, Time Life, Budget Insurance and Page & Moy.
12 years ago he set up his own consultancy ‘Hotchilly’, successfully working as an independent consultant/planner either working directly with clients or retained to work with clients of leading communications agencies BEC and Together Agency and the Data Practice, Radar.